Monday, December 5, 2011

Real Ainu Promoters

While I was still in the process of creating this blog and editing the posts I had up, someone found my blog and commented on the content of it.

This person turned out to be a real promoter of the Ainu peoples in general, from their language to their culture, history, and art.

Their blog and their website.

I didn't know there were groups out there like the Ainu Pride Productions, but it makes me happy that there are people out there who care for the Ainu and would like to revitalize their language and culture too.  As an undergrad from Canada, it can sometimes feel like our efforts aren't even worth it since we are so far away.  But this group of people have done an enormously good job at promoting awareness of the Ainu.

Their blog is worth a look at and they update it quite frequently with interesting information about the Ainu.

No comments:

Post a Comment